The University Medical Centre Psychological Therapies team are based at the University Medical Centre. However, we are a separate service, and any queries about appointments or the service should be directed specifically to the Psychological Therapies Team, not the Medical Centre reception.
Please call 01227 469 338 for appointments, referrals, or general questions. Our administration team are available between the hours of 09:00 and 16:00. During busy periods you may need to leave a message on the answering machine, if you leave your name a number a member of the team will try to contact you during office hours.
Alternatively, please use the form at the bottom of this page, or email our admin team directly on [email protected]
Although the email and contact form is monitored regularly, by the admin team, if you have any urgent questions or need to contact us with regards to appointments please call the UMCPT Team on 01227 469 338.
Please refer to our Therapy Agreements for full information about our policies and procedures. However, please be aware:
- Our service is open Monday to Friday, 9 to 5:30pm. Where possible we will try our best to accommodate your appointment time preferences, however, in line with NHS referral to treatment guidelines we have to offer you the first available appointment. Unfortunately if you decline more than one offered appointment you are not considered to be fit, willing and able to access treatment at this current time and therefore we are required to discharge you from the service.
- If you do not attend an appointment and you have not informed us in advance, you will be discharged from the service unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- If you cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice, this will be counted as one of your treatment sessions as we will be unable to offer the time to another patient.
- Two cancellations may result in your discharge from the service.
- Regularly rearranging appointments may also result in your discharge from the service.