Our IAPT service was developed as a response to a local and national need for more mental health services, which offered improved access to psychological therapies. Our Talking Therapies service is available to anyone aged 17 and over, who is registered with a GP within East Kent, that would like help and support with their wellbeing and mental health.
Like all IAPT services, we recognise that the way we feel and certain life events, can have a considerable impact on our day to day lives. Our Talking Therapies service has been set up to make help and support more readily available to those who need it.
All of our staff are either members of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) or the British Psychological Society (BPS). As a result, we all work within an ethical framework for good practice.
Among other things, this ensures that the support we offer is confidential. We do, however, have a duty of care towards yourself and others safety, and follow recommended confidentiality laws and guidance.
To ensure that we are able to offer support in a timely manner, we abide by recommended policies relating to appointment commitment. Within the service, commitment to therapy sessions is considered essential, primarily to ensure that therapy is successful for you. Our service policy on attendance is:
- You are expected to attend all of your appointments
- If you do not attend an appointment and you have not informed us in advance, you will be discharged from the service (unless there are exceptional circumstances)
- If you cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours notice, this will be counted as one of your treatment sessions as we will be unable to offer the time to another patient
- If you cancel 2 appointments then this will result in discharge from the service
- Regularly rearranging appointments may also result in your discharge from the service
Please see our FAQ’s for more information.